The GIRO PRIVATEER™ are smart and casual mountain bike shoes with a design thought out down to the last detail.
Fit, style and finish are made in the best GIRO can do it.
A DuPont® Zytel™ polyamide sole is by far the stiffest nylon MTB sole available on the market and can easily keep up with many standard carbon soles. However,
the upper shoe with the unqiue Giro fit also makes the Privateer™ a secret favourite for off-road bikers. The PRIVATEER™ is a true alternative for all those who are
looking for lasting high performance.
• high-quality, breathable microfibre, ratchet closure for a perfect fit and optimal power transfer
• double velcro closure
• offset D-ring loop of the upper velcro closure improves pressure distribution and prevents pressure marks
• DuPont Zytel Nylon: 25% stiffer than common nylon soles, but with the same weight
• High Traction tread
• thread for spikes/studs at the forward section of the feet (2 each)
• formed EVA footbed with middle foot arch support and antibacterial Aegis® fabric
345 g (for size 42)
DUPONT® Zytel™ nylon sole
For over 200 years, DuPont® has delevoped innovative materials and products.
DuPont® nylon, including Zytel™ nylon is a versatile material. It is light, stiff and does not even change its properties under the toughest conditions.
AEGIS® MICROBE SHIELD
The Aegis® Microbe Shield is an antibacterial shield that is firmly connected to the main material.
It uses the power of smallest, electrically charged particles to prevent bacteria growth.
The shoes do not absorb odours and stay fresh.