Cycle Teknix Online Warranty Policy
We work hard prior to dispatching your product to make sure it never comes back as a warranty issue. We get how frustrating warranty problems can be and our aim is to assess any problems, find a resolution and get you back out using your product as quickly as we can. As with all warranty though there are some things you need to know:
Cycle Teknix Online does not warrant against failure or damage due to misuse such as, but not limited to incorrect installation, poor maintenance, abuse or neglect, using the product for something other than its intended purpose.
Cycle Teknix Online does not cover general wear and tear on the following items:
Chain, Cassettes, Chain rings, Tubes, Tyres and Bearings.
Corrosion and/or deterioration caused by material fatigue defined as the natural breakdown of materials that occurs after extended use will not be covered under warranty.
Warranty is non transferable and applies to the original purchaser only. Proof of purchase is required with all potential warranty claims.
Any item that is repaired or replaced under warranty will be covered by a period equal to the remaining warranty period of the original part.
Usage during competitions, events, circuits or activities other than those for which the bicycle/component has been conceived will greatly reduce its useful life and is not covered under warranty.
Costs incurred as a result of loss of use, as well as labour charges for part replacement or changeovers are not covered.
If a repair/replacement is not possible Cycle Teknix Online reserve the right to offer an alternative of equal or greater value (colour may vary) or a partial refund proportional to the remaining life of the product.
Always install, repair and use your product in strict compliance with the product's instructions, failure to do so might damage the products and cause a serious accident.
Will my claim be successful?
It very much depends on the problem and whether your item is still inside warranty. We look at each case with the aim of resolving the issue to your satisfaction. We raise issues to the manufacturers for repair and replacement. Each claim is thoroughly investigated to ensure we give you the best possible service.
How long will my warranty claim take?
We make every effort to resolve warranty as fast as possible; we know you want to get back on your bike asap! If we can sort the issue we will but in some cases products have to be sent back to manufacturers, our workshop or specialist repair partners and this can then take a little longer. Please be patient with us as you can be assured we are constantly striving to achieve the quickest turn around we can.
- Does my return have to be in the original packaging?
- Yes, if the product is returned in its original packaging, including labels, we will be able to process your return much quicker.
- How do I return a bike?
- Returning bikes can be difficult so let us take the pain out of it. We can organise the collection of your bike with one of our delivery partners and share with you our reduced rates for doing this. Please contact us and we will happy to organise this.
- Note: Special order on bicycles - There is a 10% handling fee on bicycles returned or orders cancelled, providing the bicycle is unused and is in it's original state and form as explained above.
- What is Cycle Teknix Online's postal address?
- Your item(s) and completed returns form can be posted to the address below:
- Cycle Teknix, Unit 5, 145 Blaauwberg road, Table View, Cape Town, 7441.